The Observatory was established in 2017 to play a supportive role in helping the sports industry to understand the implications of digital technology. Our research will highlight:
- How and why sports clubs should elaborate and implement a sports strategy.
- The evolution of processes and technology at the basis of the fans’ experience, and how to measure athletic performance.
- The role played by start-ups in the process of innovation.
The Observatory's planned actions for 2017 are:
- Empirical research work to provide a framework of reference for the Sports Industry, and map the primary technological solutions within the sector.
- Two workshops attended by Observatory sponsors, organisations that reflect the demand-side and experts in the sector, who will debate the subject matter and case histories on digital strategies in the world of sport and the role played by start-ups as drivers of technological and functional development in this sector.
- Three focus groups on thematic subject matters to share experiences and create debate among the Observatory’s sponsors, organisations that reflect the demand-side and experts in the topics under discussion.
- A public conference to present the research findings, with round table discussions and contributions from major figures in the sports sector.
Within the scope of our 2017 research, the Observatory will:
- Define a reference framework to gain insight into the digital strategies available and used within the sports industry.
- Analyse the state-of-the art in how sports clubs approach digital innovation (the strategies and processes involved, governance, roles, etc.).
- Determine how a sports club can alter its relationship with its fan base through digital innovation.
- Analyse the technology underpinning athletic performance.
- Analyse the phenomenon of e-sports, identifying the links that connect this system with a sports club’s digital strategy.
- Analyse the opportunities and impact of start-ups within the sports sector.
Partners and Sponsors
If you would like to find out more about getting involved, collaborating and/or supporting the research of the Digital Innovation in the Sports Industry Observatory, please contact Sara Zagaria (email: email@example.com) or Federico Iannella (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).