- March 28, 2018
- Digital Innovation in Retail
- Business Scenario
- What are the main digital innovations for the Retail sector?
- What is the current level of digital maturity and omnichannel operation among Italian retailers?
- How much do Italian retailers invest in digital innovation? What are the main areas of interest for the future?
- What are the key features of the store of the future? What new services and formats can be implemented?
- How can we trace the customer journey in the store? How can we innovate it, and correlate it with the customer journey outside of the store using digital technologies?
- What is the role of startups on the national and international scene? What are some important examples of collaboration between startups and retailers?
Digital innovation is bringing radical changes to traditional Retail. On one front, technology is changing processes and store formats, on the other, the success of eCommerce raises important questions for traditional bricks-and-mortar operators.
In times of such sweeping changes, it seems essential to push towards a new concept of retail, arising from an overall transformation plan, and revising the relationship between business and consumer in the omnichannel environment. The Report focuses on the current level of digital maturity of leading and small-medium retailers in Italy, the main areas for innovating stores, and customer experience in-store and outside of the store.