- May 31, 2017
- Online Gaming
- How much is the Online Gaming market in Italy worth?
- What is the share of Online Gaming within the overall game market sector?
- What is the connection with Italian entertainment markets and Italian digital transactional markets?
- What is the situation of other regulated European markets?
- How many Players are there in Italy?
- How are gaming licensees evolving?
- What is the market concentration?
- What is the role of the new gaming channels - Smartphone and Tablet?
- What evolutions are taking place in the sector?
Offer extension, unlawful gaming restriction measures, taxation based on expenditure and rules to safeguard players have all led to recovering unofficial gaming activity with a consequent increase of game flows in the Italian legal circuit. Regulated gambling expenditure in Italy in 2016 reached 1.03 billion euros with a 25% growth, registering a 5.4% impact on the overall value of gaming (offline + online). Casino Games are still growing (+35%) reaching a total of 441 million euros, as are Sports Bets (+31%) worth 350 million €; Poker continues its downward trend (- 5%), down to 138 million €. Gaming is increasingly Mobile: 2016 shows a growth of the gaming offer, both in terms of initiatives and of games, as well as expenditure generated on Smartphones and Tablets which reaches 233 million € (+50%). 1.7 million Italians played at least once in 2016, with a 15% increase compared to 1.56 million of the previous year, The user base increase was registered also at a monthly level: average unique players per month are approximately 766,000, +15% from 664,000 in 2015. On average each player plays occasionally and spends 48€ a month on Online Gaming. The majority are men – women, rising slightly, focus on specific games (e.g. Bingo) –, reside in Central-Southern Italy (69%) and are between 25 and 44 years old (53%).
- Online Gaming in Italy
- Future Progress
- Appendix. The compliance system for an online gaming operator