You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- November 28, 2017
- Electronic Invoicing & B2b E-Commerce
- How much is B2B e-commerce worth in Italy?
- How many digital companies are there in the country?
- How many e-procurement portals are active in Italy and what are their main functions?
- How wide-spread is EDI among Italian companies?
- How many B2B portals/extranets are implemented in Italy?
- Explain the meaning of E-Supply Chain Collaboration, and how widely spread is it?
- Which are the digitalisation priorities for large companies in Italy over the next three years?
- What is the situation in terms of digitalisation within the main supply chains in Italy?
The Italian market is predominantly one of interaction between businesses (B2B), generating a value of nearly 2.7 trillion euros, of which 2.2 trillion euros relate to domestic transactions and about 500 billion euros to transactions outside Italy. B2B in Italy accounts for 75% of Italy’s total turnover of 3.6 trillion euros. Digital B2B forms the foundations for Italy’s digital status as a country. In 2016, B2B e-commerce was worth about 310 billion euros, up by 19% on the previous year, but still somewhat low in absolute terms (only 14% of the total value of B2B transactions). The Supply Chains that have the highest share in this value are the automotive, white goods & consumer electronics, pharmaceutical, convenience goods, electrical equipment, and textiles, clothing & footwear.
The report offers an overview of the digital solutions that companies use in their business during the pre-transaction and transaction phases (digitalisation solutions belonging to the procure-to-pay cycle) and in the business between customers and suppliers (e-supply chain collaboration solutions). Further material concerning the level of digitalisation in these SupplyCchains will also be covered in the report.
- Executive Summary
- Digital B2B: the Basis for a Digital Italy
- A Predominantly B2B Market
- B2B E-Commerce in Italy
- Digital B2B: State-of-the-Art
- E-Supply Chain Execution
- E-Supply Chain Collaboration
- Investment Priorities for Companies
- Digital B2B: Main Supply Chains
- White Goods and Consumer Electronics
- Convenience Goods
- Electrical Equipment
- Textiles, Clothing & Footwear
- Methodological Notes
- Work Group