2020 has been an year in which the COVID-19 emergency dramatically upended not only the economic world, but also our way of living and working. Digital technology played an unquestionably central role, becoming an even more deeply and irreversibly entrenched part of our lives. This report is aimed at presenting: the state of Digital Innovation in Italian companies in terms of resources and investments; the level of adoption of new models for Digital Innovation and Open Innovation; the role that start-ups are playing in tackling the COVID-19 emergency.
• Which is the state of Digital Innovation in Italian companies in terms of resources and investment priorities?
• How has the COVID-19 emergency influenced these priorities?
• Which models for Digital Innovation management are Italian companies adopting?
• How the adoption of Open Innovation actions and collaborations between start-ups and established companies are evolving in Italy?
• Which role start-ups played and continue to play in tackling the COVID-19 emergency?
- The Start-Up Effect
- Digital innovation: a one-way path
- Organizing to innovate
- Open Innovation for the New Normal