You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- March 30, 2017
- Smart Working
- Italian English
- Human Resources/Administration
- Business Scenario
- What happened in Italy in 2016 in the Smart Working area?
- How widespread is Smart Working in Italy? What are the differences between large companies and SMBs?
- How mature are Smart Working projects and how are they managed within organizations?
- How many Smart Workers are there and who are they? What benefits do they achieve?
2016 has been a pivotal year for Smart Working in Italy: in addition to the growing spread and maturity of initiatives, there has been an increasingly expanding awareness also at institutional level. The “agile work” Bill is proof of the efforts towards providing an uncomplicated, light legislative framework to stimulate and guide companies that are aiming to change, ensuring certain fundamental worker rights such as the right to disconnect, compensation equality and continuous education. The change is driven primarily by Enterprise Companies among which, in just one year the number of companies that implemented structured Smart Working initiatives increased from 17 % to 30% while among Small and Medium Businesses, though the degree of awareness and openness has strongly risen, the number of companies with structured projects is still just 5%. Smart Working in Italy affects a growing number of people and has tremendous expansion potential. To date, we can estimate that Smart Workers, that is, people who are granted considerable independence in defining their work modes in terms of location, working hours, and instruments used with or without a specific company policy, are approximately 250,000, a value that has increased by about 40% in three years.
- Frame of refernece
- Smart working spread in Italy
- Smart working project characteristics
- Smart workers in Italy
- Smart working: work (still) in progress!
- Case studies