You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- April 02, 2019
- Digital Innovation in Tourism
- Business Scenario
- How much is digital technology worth in Italian tourism in 2018? And what impact does it have?
- How to make the most of in-destination activities to increase income from Italian and international tourists?
- Describe international digital tourist behaviour? How does it differ from that of Italians?
- How can market players attract tourist flows and guarantee an excellent and lasting travel experience?
- What is the offering made up of? And how can digital innovation be used to help make the most of distinctively Italian assets: food, art & culture, fashion & design, etc.?
- What are the most innovative startups that will have most influence on the travel world in coming years?
Competition in the travel world is increasingly globalised, and digital technology has evolved from being “simply a tool” to becoming an enabler of a “virtual” experience and of a long-term relationship throughout the tourist journey (physical and online). Against this backdrop, players in the sector are looking for new routes: The Italian Digital Route to the future of Travel is still under construction. This report takes stock of the most important topics that can help increase competitivity for any sector stakeholder, by interpreting the various scenarios in the national and international travel industry.
- The travel market is increasingly shaped by digital innovation, both in purchasing and internal processes
- At all stages of the customer journey, the “human & digital relationship” is the key competitiveness factor for any sector stakeholder
- Digital technology in experiential services: an unexplored mine
- Technology trends: Mobile strengthens its position, while chatbots and virtual and augmented reality arouse tourists’ curiosity