The Internet of Things is becoming increasingly commonplace for Smart Homes and there are more points of contact between the consumer and the connected home. On the other hand, the great OTTs (Over-The-Top) - Amazon, Google and primarily Apple - are still missing, and at an international level they have already defined their own battleground: the battle for Smart Home speakers (or intelligent vocal assistants) has only just begun.
The Report aims to further understand the Italian and international application framework of the Internet of Things products and services for Smart Homes, investigating the evolution of the channels through which today the different solutions offered are conveyed, the OTT strategy in this market and the proper management and exploitation of data, which will be made increasingly available by the connected objects in our homes. The Report also presents the point of view of the final user, analysed through a telephone survey aimed at a thousand Italian consumers.
- How much is the value of the Smart Home market in Italy in 2017?
- What are the main developments of the competitive scenario in Italy and abroad in the field of Smart Homes?
- How is the Over-The-Top (OTT) strategy evolving internationally?
- What is the frontier for innovation in the Smart Home? What is the role of start-ups?
- How are sales channels evolving?
- What are the services associated with Smart Home products? What role do they play in defining the business model?
- What is the consumer perspective? What products would they like to buy in the future? Which services are they most interested in?
- The Smart Home market
- Artificial Intelligence, the "brain" of the Smart Home
- Changes in sales channels
- The consumer perspective
- Appendix: The Main IoT Smart Home Applications