Of a total of around 4.4 million enterprises active in Italy, almost 220 thousand of them are SMEs. They are a pillar of the Italian entrepreneurial architecture, accounting for 41% of all revenue generated nationally, 38% of added value and 33% of jobs. Covid-19 has hit Italian companies hard, and especially small and medium enterprises. In this context, the digitalization of SMEs, including the provisions of the NRRP, has become a priority for the entire Italian economic system.
• How “digitalized” are Italian SMEs?
• What are the benefits, for individual companies and for the entire country, of increased digitalization in SMEs?
• What are the main barriers to digital transformation for SMEs, and how are they approaching the topic?
• What are the government priorities for supporting the digital transformation of SMEs through NextGenEU?
- Digital maturity in SMEs: where do we stand?
- The benefits of the digital transformation of Italian SMEs
- How do SMEs approach digital transformation?
- Priority public policy lines for the digitalization of Italian SMEs