The fact that the Internet of Things is considered one of the key technologies for digital transformation is justified, not merely based on market figures, but also due to the many benefits it can generate for companies, public entities and consumers. In this regard it has been an important year for the Internet of Things in Italy: increased digital know-how in companies has fostered greater awareness of the costs of and the benefits generated by IoT technologies, both in the short and long term. And that’s not all: the market has been boosted by the spread of Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) networks, which have recorded record growth in Italy compared to one year ago.
• What is the value of the Internet of Things (IoT) market in Italy in 2020?
• What is the penetration level of IoT connections in Italy?
• What benefits can be obtained from implementing IoT technology?
• What is the latest situation of long-range protocols for the Internet of Things? What advances have been made on the 5G and LPWA network fronts?
- The market and the application scenario
- The value of the Internet of Things: some examples of the benefits that can be obtained
- The technology perspective: the evolution of long-range networks