The potential of this fascinating phenomenon is now an essential element active operators can no longer ignore, in any sector: from businesses involved in transforming their own factories and supply chains (Industrial IoT) to Public Administration, in increasing need of initiating partnerships with private operators to be able to create actual Smart Cities, to consumers, more and more interested in purchasing new smart solutions for their home (Smart Home), their car (Smart Car), their healthcare and leisure.
The Report intends to provide an overview of the main evolutions of the Internet of Things in Italy, underlining the state of the art of applications and growth trends. The Report presents an estimate of distribution and value of the IoT market in Italy at the end of 2017, taking into consideration both the most consolidated applications, which make use of “traditional” cellular connectivity, and those which use different communication technology, such as Wi-Fi, Wireless M-Bus, Bluetooth Low Energy, Low Power Wide Area.
- How much was the Italian Internet of Things market worth in 2017?
- Which are the most promising areas of application in terms of market value?
- In the overall market, how relevant are solutions which use a cellular connection?
- How many objects were connected in Italy at the end of 2017?
- Which trends are currently active in Italy?
- The market and application scenarios
- The key areas of application for the Internet of Things
- The technological outlook: main trends
- Artificial Intelligence meets the Internet of Things
- Internet of Things for the Smart City
- Internet of Things for the Smart Home