- October 28, 2015
- Industry 4.0
- Italian English
- Information Systems Operations
- Business Scenario
- What is the Smart Manufacturing?
- What are the main digital innovations in the field of manufacturing and Operations in general?
- What is the level of advancement of Smart Manufacturing Technologies in Italy, and what are the main scope?
- What are the differences in the Smart Manufacturing dissemination in Italy compared to the main foreign countries?
- What do the main successful cases show? How many of their experience can be generalized?
- What are the experienced advantages and barriers that Italian companies must face with?
Manufacturing was once a pillar of Italian wealth, but now is suffering from the general loss of competitiveness throughout the country and is facing significant changes within its environment. After bringing about many changes in a number of sectors in the service economy (and often in a disruptive fashion) over recent years, the substantial evolution of digital technology is now about to hit the world of production. Many of us believe that this will be remembered as the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Smart manufacturing will inevitably become the model of manufacturing for the future, a model that is as complex as it is fascinating. It is based upon the idea that, by using several innovative technologies - let’s call them smart manufacturing technologies - manufacturing companies will be able to get their resources (these being physical assets, people and information, both internal to the factory and distributed along the value chain) to inter-connect and cooperate to a much greater extent. This will drastic...
- What is the Smart Manifacturing
- The benchmark technologies
- Italian framework: sample of research
- Smart Technologies and traditional solutions
- More evolved scope: Italy and abroad
- Some case histories
- Barriers to Smart Manifacturing
- Smart Manufacturing and startups