You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- November 27, 2019
- Internet of Things
- Business Scenario
- How much is the Internet of Things market worth in Italy in 2018?
- Which application areas are biggest in terms of market value?
- Which application areas promise most dynamic development for 2019?
- What are the key future trends?
The Internet of Things is currently in full development phase: market growth is continuing at a sustained pace, both in terms of value and of maturity of the offer, startups are proliferating and new market opportunities are emerging, such as In-Thing purchasing. At the same time the ability to extract value from collected data driven by Artificial Intelligence is becoming of strategic importance. The potential of this phenomenon by now exhibits essential elements that the various stakeholders, including companies, public administrations and consumers can no longer ignore.
This Report provides an overview of the main development lines of the Internet of Things in Italy, highlighting the state of the art in applications and growth trends. The Report presents an estimate of the proliferation and value of the IoT market in Italy at the end of 2018, and how this value is split between the different areas of application.
- The market and the application landscape
- The technology perspective: key trends
- Data and Artificial Intelligence at the core of IoT evolution
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Internet of Things for the Smart Home
- Internet of Things for the Smart City