You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- February 24, 2020
- Industry 4.0
- Business Scenario
- How have digital innovations changed processes in the operations world, at both national and international level, in terms of technologies and areas of application?
- How widespread is the topic of Industry 4.0 in Italy, both in terms of awareness and of applications? How much is the 4.0 technology market worth in Italy?
- What impact does Industry 4.0 have on the company organizational setup? What are the most effective actions to take in order to enjoy the full benefits of Industry 4.0?
- How has the role of HR in the company evolved as a result of its involvement in 4.0 projects?
- How much has the world of medium businesses in Italy changed? What are the characteristic features of their adoption of solutions and the defined approaches to Industry 4.0?
The Industry 4.0 Observatory, now in its fifth year, was founded with the objective of analyzing and understanding the key digital innovations that are transforming the industrial and manufacturing sector. The aim is to make knowledge of the topic available, share best practices and create an active Italian community, open to exchanging views. The digital transformation is in fact proving to be the key factor in the current evolution/revolution, gradually changing usage, customs, ways of doing and saying things, and of course ways of producing and selling. And people are at the core of this transformation. In this Research edition we used numerous sources to trace a complete picture of Industry 4.0 implementations, both nationally and internationally. Using direct and indirect (analysed by gathering information from secondary sources) case studies, we were able to expand the sample to over 800 4.0 applications, understood as the implementation of a specific Smart Technology in a specific process. We also estimated the value of the Industry 4.0 market in Italy in 2018, providing comparable data from previous years.
- Key questions
- Industry 4.0: Evolution of application scenarios
- Industry 4.0: The situation in Italy
- The 4.0 market in Italy
- The organizational aspects of Industry 4.0
- Skills for Industry 4.0
- How SMBs are moving towards Industry 4.0
- Methodology Notes
- INDUSTRY 4.0 Observatory
- Work team
- Research Supporters
- School of Management