Gruppo di Lavoro
Raffaello Balocco - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Alessandro Perego - Scientific Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Rangone - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Samuele Fraternali - Research Directorsamuele.firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Lamperti- Research Directorandrea.email@example.com
The Digital Content Observatory aims to expand the level of knowledge about the digital content market, the opportunities and main current trends through an open and constructive debate with the players involved, to ultimately contribute to market development and promote adequate communication. The purpose of Research is to support sector players in understanding the different dynamics and in formulating strategies useful to all players along the supply chain in particular as regards news, music, video entertainment and gaming sectors. Research will cover various topics we consider fundamental, such as creating various digital products, monetizing and disseminating them, the ownership and management of related rights, consumer experience behaviour and market quantification. These aspects will be addressed through a series of in-depth workshops exclusively for Observatory supporters, and concluded with a public event at the end of 2020.
The activities planned by the Observatory for 2020 are:
- Empirical Research involving main players of the Italian scenario through direct interviews, case studies, data collection and surveys.
- Numerous opportunities to meet and share opinions:
- A Research set-up meeting with Partners and Sponsors;
- At least three follow-up Workshops exclusively for Partners and Sponsors on the following specific, cross-industry topics:
- Legal aspects and rights management
- End consumer behaviour
- Supply chain and market
- A public Research results presentation Conference with round tables and speeches from the leading players of the Digital Content world.
- A Report describing main 2020 Research findings to be handed out at the conference.
- Some online follow-up Reports on topics covered in the 2020 Research.
Research focuses on reaching the following goals:
- Define the “digital content” and study the evolution of associated business models.
- Map and describe the digital content supply chain and identify innovative trends characterising the sector.
- Analyse consumer behaviour when experiencing digital content and understand the underlying reasons, with particular focus on the newer generations (Z and α).
- Quantify the main categories of the digital content market: Information & News, Video Entertainment, Music, Gaming.
- Study the related copyright market and analyse implications of the associated legislation developments.
For further information on ways of collaborating and supporting Digital Content Observatory Research please contact Cristina Marengon (firstname.lastname@example.org).