The 5G & Beyond Observatory aims to be the catalyst and the point of reference for rapid and actual development of 5G based projects and services in Italy connecting all major players and stakeholders.
Activities planned by the Observatory for 2020 are:
- A workshop focused on the detailed analysis of national and international trials, to identify the most interesting business models.
- A workshop analysing the particular features of new 5G networks, to be able to identify where their use makes the difference compared to existing networks and what competences are required to leverage them.
- Two discussion panels on two vertical topics to be defined with participating companies. The goal of these meetings is to highlight the benefits and challenges of 5G in two specific fields.
As part of the 2020 Research the Observatory aims to:
- Closely analyse the particular technology features of 5G (and its evolution) compared to existing broadband networks and identify application areas in which new opportunities and market differentials can be created
- Categorize application areas in which 5G can represent a competitive advantage, recording the condition of the market in existing trade areas, and establish opportunities to debate and compare the potential business models in the least mature areas
- Analyse the impact of 5G systems on the TLC and digital supply chain (players’ new role, new partnerships, and new competences required) and measure the degree of 5G awareness
- Evaluate expected 5G systems at Country system level
For more information on how to collaborate with and support 5G & Beyond Observatory research, please contact Ivano Asaro (firstname.lastname@example.org)