In its first year of Research, the Digital Identity Workgroup has been established to understand the potential of digital identity and authentication systems. Through empirical research and analyses focused on defining the characteristics and development opportunities of digital identity, the Observatory aims to create a qualified and independent workgroup to foster cross-industry exchanges between market players.
The activities planned by the Digital Identity Workgroup for 2020 include:
- Field Research to analyse the leading directions of innovation, legal aspects, and emerging technologies;
- Three follow-up workshops reserved for Observatory supporters, with the goal of sharing intermediate results and address Research activities;
- Some online follow-up Reports on 2020 Research topics.
Workgroup goals for the 2020 edition include in-depth examination of the following research streams:
- Definitions: define features and attributes of a digital identity system;
- Areas of application: analysis of digital identity use cases in various application areas;
- Business models: analyse and identify excellence cases at international and innovation division level;
- Technologies: identify and analyse digital identity system enabling technologies;
- Legislative scenario: monitor national and international reference norms.
For more information on possibilities to cooperate with and support Digital Identity Workgroup Research, please contact Giorgia Dragoni (firstname.lastname@example.org).