“Tech Companies” – hardware and software vendors and ICT channel operators – have a key role in Italy in supporting businesses and public-sector authorities in the important innovation and modernization process based on digital technologies.
For several years now, Tech Companies have been going through a deep transformation process, searching for a role that is not taken for granted and especially for sustainable business models. This change process is due to two significant issues that have been occurring in the past few years:
- The increasingly significant spread of “innovative” digital technologies/solutions, such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, big data, cloud, etc. that on one hand require that Tech Companies operating on the market make big changes in areas including internal competences, “go to market” and business models in general, and on the other promote the inception of startups, that have already considerably transformed the Italian channel “demography”;
- A profound change of companies and “tech buyer’s” digital solution acquisition processes that increasingly use online information sources and tools to acquire information and choose technology providers. Such transformation requires Tech Companies to rethink their marketing and sales strategies and, more in general, their customer relationship management.
The goal of the Observatory is to support Tech Companies in this important evolution and transformation process through an in-depth analysis, and by carefully mapping the events that have been affecting the Italian ICT channel.
The activities planned by the Observatory for 2018/2019 are:
- Conduct in-field Research based on desk analyses, economic-financial analysis, case studies and surveys;
- Present the first results at a conference at the end of November 2018;
- Organize a closed-door workshop for select Tech Companies to share Observatory results;
- Communicate results through general and specialized press.
Research conducted by the Observatory in 2018 focuses on the following goals
- Identify and analyze the economic-financial performances of Italian Tech Companies operating in particularly “innovative “and fast-growing sectors of the digital market, such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data, Cloud, etc.
- Analyze the marketing strategies on a Tech Company sample, measuring major Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the various activities performed (i.e., marketing channels used, invested budget, achieved results, etc.)
Research will be based on the following methodologies:
- desk analyses and economic-financial analysis – through financial statements – of main Italian Tech Companies operating in the identified “innovative” sectors;
- Tech Company case studies to analyze particularly innovative business and organization models;
- survey extended to a sample of Tech Companies, aimed at analyzing marketing strategies and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
For further information on the possibilities of collaborating and supporting research activities of the Tech Company – ICT Channel Innovation Observatory , please contact Raffaello Balocco (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).