Alessandro Perego - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Antonio Capone - Scientific Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Giovanni Miragliotta - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Angela Tumino - Scientific Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Giulio Salvadori - Director email@example.com
Established in 2019 to respond to the growing interest of public and private companies towards the potential offered by new technologies applied to the car and mobility sectors. The Observatory is focused on investigating the actual opportunities of the Smart Car and Smart Mobility sectors, combining technology and managerial perspectives in a context characterized by a lack of clarity on the status of applications, on the enabled benefits, and on the evolution expected by the market.
Activities planned by the Observatory for 2019-2020 are:
- in-field research to analyze main market evolutions, legal aspects and emerging technologies;
- four internal workshops with Observatory Partners and Sponsors aimed at sharing intermediate results and steering Research activities;
- a public conference to present Research findings in the Smart Car and Smart Mobility sector with round tables and talks delivered by the leading players of this sector.
With the 2019-2020 Research the Observatory aims to:
- analyze the evolution of the application scenario in Italy, identifying the most interesting projects and initiatives and structuring a comparison with foreign Countries;
- estimate the spread and value of the Smart Car market in Italy;
- monitor the leading edge of innovation, analyzing the most interesting startups in Italy and abroad;
- examine in greater depth the evolution of the value chain, analyzing emerging business models and building a census of associated services;
- analyze which strategies enable to valorize the data collected from connected cars, investigating privacy and cyber security related themes in depth;
- look closely into main technology trends, analyzing the evolution of sensors, networks (first and foremost 5G), of platforms, the role of voice assistants, self- drive, and artificial intelligence trends in detail;
- analyze the evolution of consumer behavior through a survey;
- analyze main application evolutions as regards V2V (Vehicle-to-Vehicle) / V2I (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure) solutions and car sharing;
- examine main legislative evolutions that may influence the spread of Smart Car & Smart Mobility solutions.
Partners and Sponsors
For more information on the possibilities of collaborating with and supporting Smart & Connected Car Observatory research , please contact Giulio Salvadori (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).