Alessandro Perego - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Antonio Capone - Scientific Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Giovanni Miragliotta - Scientific Officer email@example.com
Angela Tumino - Scientific Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Giulio Salvadori - Director email@example.com
Established in 2019 to respond to the growing interest of public and private companies in the potential offered by new technologies applied to the car and mobility sectors. The Observatory aims to generate and share knowledge on the evolution of vehicles in "smart" terms and, more in general, on the role of mobility supporting digital technologies, ultimately to contribute to the market development in a context that is characterized by insufficient clarity regarding the status of applications, the enabled benefits, and the expected evolution of enabling technologies.
Activities planned by the Observatory for 2020-2021 are:
- in-field research to analyse main market evolutions, legal aspects and emerging technologies;
- four internal workshops with Observatory Partners and Sponsors aimed at sharing intermediate results and steering Research activities;
- a public conference to present Research findings in the Smart Car and Smart Mobility sector with round tables and speeches by the leading players of the Connected Car & Mobility sector.
With the 2020-2021 Research the Observatory aims to:
- analyse the application scenario in Italy, identifying the most interesting initiatives and structure a comparison with other countries;
- estimate the spread and value of the Connected Car market in Italy;
- analyse the strategies enabling to valorise the data collected by connected cars, investigating privacy and cyber security related topics;
- examine in greater depth the evolution of the value chain, analysing emerging business models and building a census of associated services;
- look closely into main technology trends, analysing the evolution of V2V/V2I networks (starting from 5G), platforms, the role of voice assistants, trends related to self-drive and Artificial Intelligence;
- analyse the evolution of consumer behaviour through a survey;
- analyse implemented Smart Mobility projects and the future intentions of Italian municipalities, investigating new business models enabled by the Public-Private partnership;
- closely examine the status of fleet management initiatives in Italy through an ad hoc survey addressed to SMBs, estimating costs and benefits;
- monitor the innovation frontier, analysing the most interesting startups in Italy and abroad;
- set the base to launch pilot projects
Partners and Sponsors
For more information on the possibilities of collaborating with and supporting Smart & Connected Car Observatory research , please contact Giulio Salvadori (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).