The Mobile B2c Strategy Observatory aims to help Italian companies understand how to generate value from the use of Mobile technology to aid the customer relationship process in an omnichannel paradigm, through the study of the status of the Italian market and current trends by means of multiple methodologies (framework of reference, international benchmarks, case studies, census of solution offering, market estimates, etc.). In addition to Research activities, the Observatory organizes various events to discuss and share experiences with investor companies.
The Observatory’s work for 2019-2020 consists of:
- a convention to present the findings of the research;
- two vertical theme workshops with the participation of Observatory Partners and Sponsors and a select group of investor company representatives in multiple company roles (Digital Technology managers, ICT managers, Marketing managers, Chief Innovation Officers, Customer Care managers, Communication managers, Sales managers of major Italian companies) to promote the spread of knowledge and create opportunities for demand and offer to meet and debate on Research themes;
- two round tables attended by Observatory Partners and a few select Decision Makers from investor companies, with the goal of creating real occasions for an open and interactive comparison on key issues in a pre-competitive setting between demand and offer side companies;
- 2 internal closed-door workshops reserved for partners and sponsors. The first is a kick-off event to explain the basis of our research; the second, held a few weeks before the convention, to present a preview of the main findings of our research and organize the Conference’s Round Tables.
The Observatory’s aims for 2019-2020 are as follows:
- understand the impact of main technology trends in the Smartphone market (augmented reality, artificial intelligence, biometrics, chatbots, 5G, etc.) and as a result, on the business opportunities for companies;
- study Mobile adoption dynamics at Italian level along all phases of the purchasing process (Mobile Advertising, Mobile Promotion, Mobile Commerce, Mobile Payment, Mobile Service), identifying and quantifying, where possible, the impacts and results of Mobile technology on business;
- study the Mobile Advertising market in depth to estimate the value and dynamics of investments and analyze current trends and the main advancements of the supply chain;
- map the different types of data available on the market today and classify main Mobile Data Companies in Italy;
- identify major current trends in the development and use of Mobile Assets (Messaging, Browsing and Apps – with special focus on Wallets) by large Italian companies, collecting KPIs on how the Mobile Assets of the main Italian companies are used by consumers;
- estimate the dynamics of Sms Bulk volumes;
- understand the state of the art of Italian companies in relation to Proximity marketing;
- analyse the profile and behaviour of Italian Mobile surfers and their perception of Mobile initiatives launched by companies throughout the purchasing process.
The Observatory’s research entails:
- dozens of interviews to demand companies, both large and medium-small;
- dozens of interviews to offer companies;
- a statistically significant survey on the consumer, carried out in collaboration with Doxa, on 1,500 users surfing the internet on smartphones, to understand the use of Mobile technology in the purchasing process and in the relations with the companies supplying them;
- quantification of several specific market sectors (market advertising and bulk SMSs) through primary and secondary sources;
- a census of Mobile Apps offered by major Italian companies to their customers;
- a poll of start-ups receiving Italian and international financing over the past two years;
- a critical analysis of all the main international sources (reports, scientific publications, press releases, press items in general and specialist newspapers, etc.).