The goal of the Mobile B2c Strategy Observatory is to photograph the adoption status and the degree of strategic maturity of Italian companies’ use of Mobile technology to manage relationships with their consumers. Focus is also placed on the value added services offering made through their Mobile Assets (Mobile App, Mobile site) to all major sectors and on identifying the main elements (organizational, technologic, cultural, etc.) that influence or slow down the adoption of Mobile strategies within companies. In addition to Research activities, the Observatory organizes various occasions to discuss and share experiences with investor companies.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- a convention to present the findings of the research;
- 3 vertical theme workshops (Mobile Marketing Automation – September 13, 2017, Mobile Advertising – October 25, 2017, Mobile App –December 5, 2017) with the participation of Observatory Partners and Sponsors and a select group of investor company representatives in multiple company roles (Digital Technology managers, ICT managers, Marketing managers, Chief Innovation Officers, Customer Care managers, Communication managers, Sales managers of major Italian companies) to promote the spread of knowledge and create opportunities for demand and offer to meet and debate on Research themes;
- - A Round Table meeting (June 7, 2017) on Mobile Data Strategy with the Decision Makers of some investor companies, with the goal of discussing the opportunities of Mobile data collection and of creating data-driven marketing activities capable of leveraging Smartphone pecularities;
- 2 internal closed-door workshops reserved for partners and sponsors. The first is a kick-off event to explain the basis of our research; the second, held a few weeks before the convention, to present a preview of the main findings of our research and organize the Conference’s Round Tables.
The Observatory’s aims are as follows:
- understand the role that Mobile technology has in companies’ digital transformation;
- analyse the role at national and international level of Mobile technology in macro digital trends and in the creation of new business models (Mobile by design);
- analyse the profile and behaviour of Italian Mobile users and their perception of Mobile initiatives launched by companies;
- map the use of Mobile technology of Italian companies in their consumer relationship processes;
- identify and quantify, when possible, Mobile enabled impacts and results on companies’ business;
- quantify the Mobile advertising investment market and identify the main growth drivers and perceived barriers;
- analyse the push notifications, chatbots and messaging evolution market and estimate Bulk Texts volumes in Italy;
- analyse the evolution of Mobile Wallets in Italy;
- critically understand current dynamics in the national and international scenario of startups operating in the Mobile Consumer sector.
The Observatory’s research entails:
- dozens of interviews to demand companies, both large and medium-small;
- dozens of interviews to offer companies;
- a statistically significant survey on the consumer, carried out in collaboration with Doxa, on 1,500 users surfing the internet on smartphones, to understand their approach to mobile internet and mobile apps;
- quantification of several specific market sectors (market advertising and bulk SMSs) through primary and secondary sources concerning the main players in the chain;
- a poll of start-ups receiving Italian and international financing over the past two years;
- a critical analysis of all the main international sources (reports, scientific publications, press releases, press items in general and specialist newspapers, etc.).