The Kids & Toys Observatory stems from the collaboration between Digital Innovation Observatories and the Creative Industries Lab of the Department of Design of the Politecnico di Milano. At its first edition, the goal of the Observatory as regards the toy industry is to analyze the needs of children and parents in the digital era and support companies in sectors that target children in fully understanding the impact of digital transformation. The Observatory aims to become a permanent point of reference enabling decision makers to meet all the different players in sectors in which children are the primary target.
Activities planned by the Observatory for 2018-2019 are:
- in field Research involving key stakeholders of the toy industry;
- 4 debate and interaction Workshops- attended by Research supporters in addition to sector experts, any retailer organizations, and consumers;
- a public conference to present Research activity results, with round tables and keynotes from leading sector players.
2018-2019 Research will focus on the following macro themes:
- The change of user and consumer needs in the digital era;
- The evolution of distribution in the digital era: from specialized store to Omnichannel (physical and digital);
- The evolution of communication in the digital era: from traditional to digital media (social, video advertising, branded content, etc.).
The Observatory is implemented in collaboration with the Creative Industries Lab of the Design Department of the Politecnico di Milano.
For further information on the possibilities of collaborating and supporting research activities of the Kids & Toys Observatory, please contact Jessica Pluchino (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).