The Internet Media Observatory's primary objective is to explore the Digital Media market, both advertising sponsored and paid content, paying particular attention to the more innovative components, for example, Social Networks, Online Video, Mobile, Native and Programmatic advertising. The Observatory endeavours to be a point of reference for the entire Media sector in understanding the multiple innovation phenomena in the digital world, promoting an open comparison between stakeholders in the industry and informing decision makers of the numerous opportunities available, with the ultimate goal of supporting the development of the market.
The Observatory's planned activities for 2018-2019 are:
- Three workshops on vertical topics for our Research partners and sponsors. Marketers (data and regulations, KPIs and measurement strategies, new online advertising formats) from the main Italian investing companies will also be invited.
- Round table discussions on Blockchain and Media, in collaboration with the Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Observatory
- Two public conferences to present the most important results of the Research, with round table discussions and participation by the main stakeholders in the world of digital Media.
In the ambit of the 2018-2019 Research, the Observatory will:
- Provide a quantification of the Media market in Italy, with particular focus on digital Media and its paid and advertising components.
- Review the evolution of the value chain and of the strategies used by different stakeholders on the supply side.
- Analyse the approach of Italian marketing companies to innovative ideas for digital advertising, to identify the key trends in Internet advertising.
- Study user behaviour in the consumption of digital Media and the use of new devices.
- Present a picture of entrepreneurial dynamic (startups) in the New Media sector in Italy and internationally;
- Identify emerging concepts in order to outline possible future scenarios for Italy.
During our Research we plan to:
- Quantify the Digital Media market and all its components using direct sources (interviews) and secondary sources regarding the main stakeholders in the sector.
- Perform Italian and international case studies.
- Run a survey in collaboration with Doxa, collecting 1,000 questionnaires representative of Italian Internet users.
- Several online surveys conducted on Italian companies operating in both offer and demand sectors.
- Survey Italian and international startups financed in recent years, in collaboration with the Digital Startup Observatory.
Partners and Sponsors
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Internet Media Observatory, please contact Andrea Lamperti (email: email@example.com).