The Cloud in the Public Sector Observatory was created to investigate the opportunities arising from digitalised processes, with Cloud Computing, in particular, being a factor for innovation within public authorities. One aim of the Observatory is to work alongside CIOs in the process of evolution affecting the management and development of ICT applications and infrastructure, which is a consequence of the diffusion of new models for the ICT offer. The Observatory will also act as a point of reference for developing a culture of innovation within the ICT offer, promoting interaction and the creation of a community involving institutions, public authorities and companies operating in the ICT offer field.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- conduct direct interviews with public authorities to understand the adoption status of the Cloud in the Italian Public Sector;
- develop case studies on the evolution of the information systems within public authorities with the goal of highlighting a roadmap to the adoption of the Cloud;
- writing a report containing the main results of the Observatory’s research;
- organising an event to present the main findings of our research, with round table sessions and presentations given by major players from the sector.
The Cloud in the Public Sector Observatory intends to:
- investigate the impact of the Three Year Information Technology in the PS plan on the public authorities’ Cloud strategies and on the rationalization of the Public Sector’s IT installed base;
- identify and study the trends and approaches used by public authorities to introduce the Cloud;
- help to define the priorities in terms of actions to promote change.
The research carried out by the Observatory is based upon the analysis and re-elaboration of secondary sources together with an empirical analysis, through an identification survey, interviews and study cases that, each year, involves the designated people from local and central public authorities.
Partners and Sponsors
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Cloud in the Public Sector Observatory, please contact Alessandro Piva (email: email@example.com).