The Artificial Intelligence Observatory was established in 2017 to address the growing interest expressed by the public and private sector in the potential of the new technologies enabled by Artificial Intelligence (AI). In a landscape where there is much uncertainty about the current state-of-the-art of AI applications and how widely they are used within companies, together with the enabling benefits and the expected developments in the market, the Observatory intends to create a community to debate this subject matter and investigate the true opportunities of AI, from a combined technological and management perspective.
The Observatory's planned actions for 2017 are:
- Field research to provide a definition of Artificial Intelligence, outline the distinctive capabilities linked to AI solutions, analyse the enabling technologies and identify the main technological trends.
- A workshop for sponsors, held behind closed doors, to present the research’s progress and direct the work for the next phases.
- Three in-depth work table sessions on the topic of virtual assistants and the implications of Artificial Intelligence for the world of work, and to engender debate on this subject matter with and among Observatory sponsors.
- A public conference to present the research’s findings, with round table discussions and contributions by major figures from the world of Artificial Intelligence.
Within the scope of our 2017 research, the Observatory will:
- Provide a clear definition of Artificial Intelligence and outline its main features and capabilities, that is, the factors that typify AI solutions.
- Analyse the main solutions that enable AI solutions.
- Analyse the offer-side market and, in particular, closely examine the offers proposed by big vendors.
- Monitor the frontiers of innovation, analysing the most interesting start-ups in Italy and abroad and identifying the main R&D Centres.
- Identify the main field of application nationally and internationally, and specify a series of relative classes: Incremental vs Radical, Maturity vs Diffusion.
- Analyse the types of AI solutions.
- Conduct a survey of the international cases where companies have adopted AI solutions, highlighting their distinctive features, the benefits achieved and refer to several cases where AI solutions have been implemented successfully.
- Analyse and closely examine the implications that AI can have for employment.
- Discuss the ethical implications of certain AI solutions.
Partners and Sponsors
If you would like to find out more about getting involved, collaborating and/or supporting the research of the Artificial Intelligence Observatory, please contact Alessandro Piva(email: firstname.lastname@example.org).