You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- October 13, 2015
- Internet of Things
- Italian English
- Information Systems
- Business Scenario
- What are the barriers hampering the development of Smart City projects in Italy?
- How the evolution of Smart Gas Metering rules gas can be a strong incentive for Smart City ?
- Which could be a possible roadmap for the implementation of the Smart City in Italy?
- Smart lighting, mobility management and waste collection: what are the benefits produced by these IoT applications for the Smart City at country level?
Although there is no complete overlap between the concept of smart city and the model of Internet of Things (IoT), it is increasingly clear that the latter plays the part of enabling technology for the intelligent city, helping to improve the way it is managed and lived in and stimulating economic activity. Numerous projects have been started in Italy, although lack of economic resources and appropriate skills is proving to be a stumbling block for starting large scale IoT projects within the smart city field. Synergy with smart metering for gas in a smart urban infrastructure perspective remains the preferred route to take. The first projects are finally underway. The report illustrates the possible roadmap involving IoT technology to help in bringing the smart city into being, drawing on the synergy arising from the obligatory installation of smart gas meters. In this report, we estimated the potential value, for several sample cities and for the whole country, of using IoT applications to manage mobility, ...
- Smart City: the reference framework
- From Smart Gas Metering to the Smart City: a potential roadmap to create value