You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- October 30, 2017
- Internet Media
- Business Scenario
- How much is the Italian Media and Internet Media market worth?
- Which sections of Internet Advertising are growing fastest?
- How is the paid-content Internet Media market composed?
- What are the opportunities for media companies?
The Internet Media market (advertising and paid services) continued to grow in 2016, up by +11%.
This growth is mainly driven by the advertising segment, worth 2.36 billion euros and accounting for 94% of the total. For some four years, the online channel has taken a firm grip on second place within the advertising media mix. Nonetheless, in 2016 growth was below predictions and, in absolute value, was on par with television.
Internet Advertising is up against a challenge of its own. To take a leap in quality and attract more money, it must be prepared to parade its efficiency. This test is certainly not straightforward, and requires everyone in the supply chain, from the investors and media agencies to the publishers, dealers and even the market certificate authorities, to make changes in culture, organisation and skills.
The remaining 6% of Internet Media is linked to the sale of paid content, which is worth nearly 160 million euros. However, despite an increase of more than 40% on 2015 year, the market share of this channel is still very modest when compared to others.
- Key questions
- The Italian Media market: the dynamic of each channel
- Internet Advertising: the dynamics in operation
- Internet Media: the paid-content market
- Media company actions
- Other similar/suggested Reports
- Methodology Notes
- Internet Media Observatory
- Work Group
- Our research sponsors
- School of Management