You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- November 13, 2018
- Internet Media
- Business Scenario
- How much was the Internet Media (advertising and pay) market in Italy worth at the end of 2017 and what are the main current trends? What is expected for 2018?
- What is the role of the various advertising formats (display, video, search, ed classes, email...) in the Italian Internet advertising scenario
- How is the paid Media market composed?
- What are the opportunities for Media Companies
The Internet Media (advertising and pay) market has grown also in 2017: +14%. Driving the growth is, in particular, the advertising component, which is worth nearly 2.7 billion euros and amounts to 93% of total. For several years now, the online channel is stably holding second place in the advertising media mix, gaining shares also at the expense of television advertising income.
Internet advertising, so important for the entire communications world is, however, basically controlled by two players: Google and Facebook. Internet advertising is a hyper-concentrated market in which the Over The Top (OTT) hold over 70% of share and, never more than this year, are responsible for nearly all the sector’s growth.
The remaining 7% of Internet Media is related to paid content sales, totaling nearly 200 million euros and, even with a 25% increase from 2016, the market share of this channel compared to other media is still marginal.
- The Media market in Italy
- Internet advertising: formats, devices and trade methods
- Internet advertising: the Measurement Strategy
- Internet advertising: upcoming challenges
- Paid Internet Media: Video, Music, and News
- Internet Media Startupss