You have not consented to the processing of your personal information by one of the Observatory. If you proceed we will no longer be able to invite you to our Workshops
- October 26, 2017
- Industry 4.0
- What do industrial companies in Italy know about Industry 4.0?
- What are the main applications for 4.0 Industry? What are the forms of best practice internationally?
- How much is the 4.0 market worth in Italy? What are the most common projects?
- What are the differences in the process of transformation between Italy and the other main manufacturing countries?
- What are the professional profiles necessary within Industry 4.0? What are the emerging professional roles, those in evolution and those that are disappearing? What are the indispensable skills, and how can they be deployed?
- Where are we in terms of defining the standards that facilitate interoperability between physical devices and applications within the context of managing industrial and manufacturing processes?
We are hearing expressions such as Industry 4.0, Factory of the Future, Digital Manufacturing, Industrial Internet, etc. more and more frequently. Conferences, workshops and seminars are following on the heels of one another, flaunting copy-paste titles, these words are peeping out from behind the wings, sometimes in rather unnatural positions. As part of its research for 2017, the first and main objective of the Industry 4.0 Observatory is to explain the concept plainly, offering models that can interpret the facts and events taking place in a clear manner. This is especially true in this historical moment following the Italian government’s publication of its National Plan for Industry 4.0. Among the many aspects analysed are the diffusion of applications and the value of the Industry 4.0 market in Italy, the identification of skills and professional figures (existing or emerging), the analysis of standards, architecture and approaches for interoperability within the Industry 4.0 factory, the implications of the National Plan for Industry 4.0 and the prospects of open innovation for start-ups operating in the 4.0 world, to give a few examples.
- Key questions
- THE RESEARCH
- Executive Summary
- Industry 4.0: definition, technology and fields of application
- Industry 4.0: the situation in Italy
- The Industry 4.0 market in Italy
- The Italian National Plan for Industry 4.0
- Jobs & Skills in Industry 4.0: where do we see professions, skills and training evolving?
- Industry 4.0 interoperability: standards, architecture and approaches to connect machinery, equipment and processes
- Digital readiness in manufacturing
- Methodology notes
- Work team