- July 19, 2018
- Hi-Tech Start-up
- How much are investments in hi-tech startup worth in Italy?
- What are the most significant cases of Italian hi-tech startups in terms of funding received, revenues and exits?
- What are the characteristics of Italian hi-tech startups’ strategy (in terms of localization, target customers, internationalization, and collaboration with incumbent companies)?
- Did funded startups generate revenues?
The results presented are drawn from four main Research activities of the Hi-tech Startup Observatory of the School of Management of the Politecnico di Milano (in collaboration with Italia Startup):
- quantifying investments in hi-tech startups in Italy by formal and informal investors;
- providing a detailed analysis of international investments and the trend of inflow and outflow investments from the ecosystem;
- conducting a survey on financed Italian hi-tech startups regarding the strategies of localization, internationalization process and collaboration with incumbents;
- analyzing a significant selection of Italian hi-tech startups, in terms of financing rounds, revenues and exit.
- Investments in hi-tech startups in Italy
- Distribution of investments and funded startups
- Focus on international investments
- Results of the survey on startups
- A selection of significant startups
- Startups with the highest rounds of financing received in the last year
- Startups with the highest revenue registered in Italy in 2016
- Startups with a significant exit value over the last year
- Startups with undisclosed exit value