- September 19, 2017
- Information Security & Privacy
- Business Scenario
- How much is the information security market in Italy worth and what are its dynamics?
- What are the main security and privacy management strategies defined by companies?
- What are the main threats that companies have to face with the onset of new digital innovation trends?
- How important is the human factor in preventing and reducing risks linked to IT security?
- What are Italian companies doing to fulfil obligations resulting from the application of the new European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- What information security solutions are implemented by SMBs?
In 2016 the information security solutions market in Italy increased by 5% compared to the previous year, indicating a rising awareness of businesses regarding the need for a long term approach to security and privacy management. Though positive, this value is not very comforting since it doesn’t appear to be keeping up with exponential growth rate of risks. In fact, emerging digital innovation trends such as Mobile and Cloud technology, the Internet of Things and Big Data, are creating huge opportunities for companies but at the same time are introducing new, increasingly widespread and difficult to deal with threats.
To attenuate the dangers linked to IT security companies will have to be equipped with appropriate IT systems, design a clear governance strategy that provides for the introduction of dedicated roles (such as the CISO and the DPO), and put in place initiatives aimed at educating and making employees aware of the possible threats.
The Report, the result of the 2016 research activity of the Information & Privacy Observatory, aims at analysing the main areas of investment and security and privacy management strategies defined by companies, size the information security solutions market and look carefully at new digital innovation trends and the course to comply to the new European personal data protection Regulation.
- Key questions
- (first) Year of the hack
- The italian information solutions market
- From being aware of the need for a security and privacy management strategy to setting one up
- The evolved role of chief information security officer (ciso)
- Projects and policies for managing change
- The new security requirements and the impact of new trends in digital innovation
- Mobile security
- Cloud security
- Security and internet of things (iot)
- Cyber intelligence
- Cyber insurance
- The importance of the human factor and how to manage it
- General data protection regulation: the path of italian organisations
- The data protection officer (dpo)
- Analysis of smes
- Priorities for 2017
- Methodology notes
- Information security & privacy observatory
- Work team
- Research Supporters
- School of Management