During 2020, companies already mature in the fields of data management and analysis were able to reinvent themselves, finding answers to new questions and leveraging internal resources. For the immature companies there is a real risk of delaying investments and projects in this area.
The report presents the results of the 2020 Research by the Big Data & Business Analytics Observatory, which aimed to study the main fea-tures of the market and the Analytics topic, and to take a critical look at how it is evolving.
• What impact has the pandemic had on the topics of data man-agement and analysis?
• How much is the Analytics market in Italy worth? Which spending areas are attracting most attention?
• What are the priorities for organizations in terms of data analysis resources, skills and technologies?
• What type of projects are companies experimenting with in the area of Advanced Analytics?
• How common are professional Data Science roles and how are they inserted in companies in terms of organization model?
1. Data Analytics: can you still manage without it?
2. Current international trends
2.1 The disruption caused by the emergency
3. The evolution of the Analytics market in Italy
4. The level of maturity of large companies and activities undertaken during 2020
4.1 Priorities in the field of Data Management and Analytics
4.2 The impact of the emergency in the area of Data Science & Analytics
5. The adoption journey on four variables
5.1 Data Strategy
5.3 Skills and governance in the field of Data Science
5.4 Advanced Analytics project capacity
6. Data Analytics in small and medium businesses
7. Analytics divide: a gap that must be closed