The Information Security & Privacy Observatory, promoted by the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano, intends to address the need for companies to know, understand and handle the new threats to privacy and information security. The Observatory will assist companies in choosing the most suitable safeguards and ensure that they are aware of the importance of monitoring and controlling operations alongside introducing them to the techniques and technology that can help them in the area of information security.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- carrying out a surveys extended to IT managers (CIOs) and security managers in Italian companies involved in all product sectors;
- preparing a number of study cases on companies that have implemented solutions in the field of information security and privacy policies, as a way to highlight best practice;
- writing a report containing the main results of the Observatory’s research;
- organising closed-door workshops for CIOs and security & compliance managers and offer-side players;
- organising a convention to present the main findings of our research, with round table sessions and presentations given by major players from the institutional world and the ICT offer.
The Observatory will also conduct:
- an initiative entitled Innovation Awards that encourages innovation in the field of information security, recognising the stand-out companies that have introduced solutions and technology concerning information security & privacy;
- a survey of international and domestic start-ups operating in the area of information security & privacy, which have acquired funding in the last two years, carried out in collaboration with the Observatory for Digital Start-ups and PoliHub.
The Information Security & Privacy Observatory pursues the following objectives:
- analyse and critically recognise the state-of-the-art in information security & privacy, the main trends in place and the needs of companies and authorities;
- create and spread culture and knowledge on this topic in Italy, contributing to greater awareness and understanding of the strategic importance of security and relative legislative aspects;
- act as a point of reference for the community of players (academics, consultants and companies) interested in promoting the strategic development of information security in companies.
The Observatory proposes to:
- investigate how advancements towards the Cloud, Big Data, mobile processes and social media impact on information security and on company privacy;
- identify the main international trends in the field of information security and privacy and the potential impact of EU regulation on privacy;
- monitor the stage of adoption of information security and company privacy systems;
- investigate the main models of governance for managing information security and company privacy, and its impact on ICT management;
- identify the success stories;
- understand the role that start-ups play in this sector.
The research of the Information Security & Privacy Observatory will be based upon empirical analysis, with surveys and study cases that involve IT managers (CIOs) and security managers from Italian companies operating in various product sectors.
Alongside this, we will carry out meeting and interviews with the most influential players in order to understand the dynamics of the offer-side market.
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Information Security & Privacy Observatory, please contact Alessandro Piva (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).