The Enterprise Applications Governance Observatory was established to analyse the state-of-the-art of enterprise applications and company ICT architecture. Its investigation looks at how the emerging transformations taking place within the consumer world are also affecting internal workings of companies. The purpose of this research is to gain an understanding of the process of evolution already underway in Italian companies and the strategic roadmaps guiding their choices, noting the impact they are having on company processes and on the governance of their applications portfolios.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- extending a survey to leading large and medium-sized Italian companies operating in different business sectors;
- analysing in detail study cases concerning companies that are investing or expect to invest in the growth process of their applications portfolio;
- organising three workshops for leading large and medium-sized Italian companies operating in different business sectors, with focus on topics relating to the management of processes internal to the ICT department, the evolution of the company’s information system architecture and new emerging trends (social collaboration, mobile systems, analytics, the Cloud, etc.);
- setting up two work groups to investigate a subset of study cases within selected business sectors, looking closely at their relative maturity and the possible roadmap of growth;
- writing a report containing the main results of our research and study cases;
- organising a training session at partner companies to spread a culture of innovation and disclose the main trends in place and developments concerning the portfolio of applications that support company processes;
- organising a convention to present the main findings of our research, with round-table sessions and talks given by major players from the business world and representatives of the offer for management solutions.
The Observatory intends to analyse the state-of-the-art and how the governance of enterprise applications is evolving, in terms of:
- composition and development of company applications portfolios;
- analysis of changes to decision-making criteria for selecting ICT solutions;
- transformation to applications architecture;
- changes to the functions and objectives of the ICT department;
- evolution of the methodologies and internal processes used in the ICT department;
- spill-over effects on the supply market;
Research at the Enterprise Applications Governance Observatory is based on surveys and study cases and involving over 100 CIOs from large and medium-sized companies in Italy. In parallel with this analysis, we will conduct an investigation of study cases and how the offer has evolved, build around interviews and meetings with the main market players.
The 2016 Research conducted by the Enterprise Applications Governance Observatory has been made with the support of AlmavivA, Altea Federation, ICM.s, Top Consult.
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Enterprise Applications Governance Observatory, please contact Clara Carnevaletti (email: email@example.com).