Digital Transformation Academy Observatory is a cultural project conceived by the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano for the digital innovation community and backed by the experience gained from the Digital Innovation Academy over seven years. The Academy works in collaboration with Cefriel (www.cefriel.com - a centre of excellence in the field of digital innovation) under the patronage of ASSI (www.assi.it - for IT applications, solutions and services), Aused (www.aused.org - a reference point for CIOs of companies in Italy), CDTI (www.cdti.org - an apolitical association for social, economic and industrial development in Italy), CIO AICA Forum (a workgroup promoted by AICA gathering CIOs from large organisations), ClubTI (www.clubtimilano.net - an association to promote digital subjects) and PA Forum (www. forumpa.it - for the empowerment of public sector employees) and is a point of reference and open laboratory for developing knowledge and spreading culture. Through original and innovative methodologies, the Academy intends to work alongside the business world to stimulate digital transformation within companies and contribute towards achieving greater competitiveness. The process includes five interactive workshops for C-level executives who wish to act as spokespersons for digital transformation within their company.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- Annual calendar of workshops by invitation only for business line executives, CIOs and Academy partners. In these workshops, we will cover the stages for designing a roadmap for digital transformation in a company, using an innovative and interactive format, round table debates and interactive sessions to discuss and share experiences among the invited participants, the executives, representatives of our partners and senior Advisory Board Academy executives as distinguished guests. The calendar for 2016 includes the following meetings::
- Open Digital Innovation
- Sourcing strategies.
- New skills for digital innovation
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain Transformation
- B2c processes Transformation
- A series of exclusive research projects concentrating on the major trends in ICT investment and organisational transformation in ICT management, including a survey of CIOs and relative reports.
- MIP’s Executive Education programmes, with modules designed for managers, professionals and entrepreneurs, from both demand and offer, who firmly believe in the role of technology for a company’s competitiveness. This specific formula involving discussions, presentations, group work and mentoring sets the scene for comparison between the experiences of the managers participating, illustrated with detailed reports.
The work carried out over recent years has led to the creation of a community of CIOs in Italy, with over 2,200 participants as of today. Alongside the CIOs, many CEOs, general managers and business line executives bring their contribution to the research and workshops, setting out the viewpoint of company echelons about the strategic role of digital innovation in business. The Academy is backed by an Advisory Board composed of 29 senior executives from leading companies and public authorities. The Academy is currently in its seventh edition and during this time has produced over 2,000 hours of training, 59 closed door workshops, 13 reports and 7 open conventions.
The project pursues the following objectives:
- be the point of reference and open laboratory for developing knowledge and spreading culture; use original and innovative methodologies to work alongside companies in order to stimulate digital transformation and contribute towards achieving greater competitiveness;
- create the grounds for lively and productive debate underpinned by original and innovative methodologies among the wide and renowned community of C-level executives interested in digital transformation from leading Italian companies and public authorities;
- identify and discuss the main technological trends and organisational transformations in terms of roles and skills, through research and influential speakers from the world of business.
The objective is achieved through specific empirical research and by organising workshops attended by the executives of leading Italian companies.
Among the fields investigated over the past seven years:
- the role of digital innovation and CIOs in company innovation;
- major trends and fields of digital innovation
- role of CIOs and their relationship with the Board and business line administration;
- ICT governance choices;
- organisational choices made by the ICT Department;
- measuring ICT “value“ and costs;
- evolution in ICT executives’ competencies.
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Digital Innovation Academy, please contact Dr. Alessandra Luksch (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).