The Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory was established with the intention of proving the strategic value of Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics methodologies to companies and public authorities, highlighting the potential advantages for competitiveness, profitability, agility and more efficiency in decision-making processes. The Observatory aspires to become a permanent reference point for decision makers - in particular information systems managers, chief marketing officers and web & digital managers in large and medium-sized companies and public authorities - so they can profit from the innovative potential of Big Data Analytics and of Business Intelligence.
The Observatory’s work consists of:
- carrying out two surveys extended to Italian companies involved in all product sectors, one for IT managers (CIOs) and one for Marketing managers (CMOs);
- preparing a number of study cases on companies that have implemented Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence solutions, to highlight the main business benefits of such a decision;
- writing a report containing the main results of the Observatory’s research and a series of digital reports that cover the topic in greater detail;
- organising closed-door workshops with players representing both supply and demand together with specialised workshops to stimulate debate between companies operating in similar sectors on matters relating to Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence;
- organising a convention to present the main findings of our research, with round table sessions and presentations given by major players from the world of companies and representatives of the offer for Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence systems.
The Observatory will also organise:
- an initiative entitled Innovation Award that encourages innovation in the field of Big Data, recognising the stand-out companies that have introduced Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence systems to underpin their strategic decisions;
- a survey of international and domestic start-ups operating in the area of Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, which have acquired funding in the last two years, carried out in collaboration with the Digital Start-ups Observatory and PoliHub.
Among its objectives, the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory intends to:
- act as a point of reference in developing a culture of innovation concerning the models applied to the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence offer;
- work alongside CIOs and line managers work in understanding and selecting the main solutions to be used in the field of Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence.
With its research, the Observatory proposes to:
- monitor the market and the distribution of Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence solutions;
- define a “Big Data Journey” for organisations used to identify the pathways and steps need for a mature implementation of Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence solutions;
- identify the benefits of these tools, and analyse the barriers to their adoption;
- determine the level of penetration of Big Data & Business Intelligence solutions within the various business lines and the potential opportunities for each company function;
- analyse new organisational roles and new skills;
- examine applications in particular company sectors and processes, identifying the success stories;
Research at the observatory is based upon empirical analysis with the use of surveys and study cases and involving, every year, over 200 chief information officers (CIOs), chief marketing officers (CMOs) and web & digital managers from large or medium-sized companies and public authorities operating in Italy and designated people from companies operating in the supply network.
The 2016 edition of the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory has been conducted with the support of Accenture Analytics, Amadeus, Consorzio CBI, Data Reply, HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise) + Intel, Quantyca, RAI Pubblicità, SIA, Sopra Steria; BNL (Gruppo BNP Paribas), Cerved, Cineca, Hopenly, Informatica, MHT, Poste Italiane; Teradata and the collaboration of Enel.
For further information, collaboration and support requests for the other researches of the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory, contact Dr. Alessandro Piva (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).