- 31 May 2017
- Online Gaming
- How much is the Online Gaming market in Italy worth?
- What is the share of Online Gaming within the overall game market sector?
- What is the connection with Italian entertainment markets and Italian digital transactional markets?
- What is the situation of other regulated European markets?
- How many Players are there in Italy?
- How are gaming licensees evolving?
- What is the market concentration?
- What is the role of the new gaming channels - Smartphone and Tablet?
- What evolutions are taking place in the sector?
Overall expenditure in online gaming in 2015 was 821 million, with a 13% growth from 2014. The year 2015 is the turning point for the sector, after four years of basically stable or slightly declining expenditure regardless of the gradual introduction of new games and the continuous recovery of gaming shares from the unlawful circuit. In fact, 2015 results are largely due to the adoption of effective measures to restrict illegitimate gaming. Casino Games and Sports Bets, both growing, are the leading games, while Poker continues to decline due to a fading of the trendiness effect that it benefitted from up to 2012, for the Tournament and Cash modes. The user base is once again growing: 2015 registered an increase of the number of average active players per month, reaching 665,000. Recently the regulatory authority and gaming licensees have fully understood the importance of focusing on managing customer relationships and on their gaming experience, to offer recreational models that are increasingly like the Entertainment sector. Providing a true entertainment experience is in fact the key to reaching new players and, especially, to increase retention rates. In 2015 too, the importance of the mobile component of Online Gaming in Italy has grown, with the increase of device specific solutions, such as for Smartphones and Tablets that together generate about 20% of overall Expenditure. Games on new devices – primarily Casino Games, in particular Slot Online, and Sports Bets – enables to intercept consumers without time restrictions (also during inactive time) or of location (on public transport or during a sports event) and is proving to be, if adequately implemented, a high performance channel.
- Online Gaming in Italy
- Future Progress
- Appendix. The compliance system for an online gaming operator