- 22 May 2017
- Hi-Tech Start-up
- What are the differences between the previous years? ?
- Is the interest of formal and informal investors (Italian and foreigners) growing (measured by the size of investment)?
- How much capital has been raised in 2016?
- What is the size of international investments in the Italian hi-tech startups?
- Which public instruments are adopted?
- How Italian startups are contributing to innovation?
- How efficient are startups to manage investments?
- What is the role of an innovative startup in the Italian market?
- What is the role of innovation contest in the ecosystem?
- How the hi-tech startups design and innovate their business model?
The entrepreneurial dynamics and the scenario of hi-tech startups founded in Italy have been deeply investigated. In addition to that, the awareness and the knowledge spread at all levels (economist, politicians, managers, students) on the on the innovation brought by those new players in a mature market (in all industries) have been deeply analysed. Hi-Tech Observatory selects and describes all players of the Italian ecosystem with the final objective to accelerate the injection of innovation in the market and to be recognized as a stable point of reference for such a crucial phenomenon for Italian economy and society.
Mainly Primary sources to conduct the Research have been utilised. As a consequence, Hi-Tech Observatory provides unique data on overall investments made by formal (VC funds, Regional investment companies, Corporate VC funds) and informal (Venture Incubators, Family Offices, Club Deals, Business Angels Equity Crowdfunding platforms and company investments) investors in Italy and the size of those investments. In addition, an interesting analysis of startups, which received investments, throughout their lifecycle (investment, growth and exit) has been made. Furthermore, drivers for success, main challenges and difficulties addressed, adoption of public instruments, innovation contests dynamics, most innovative and disruptive business models and innovation decisions of some key startups have been studied in order to grasp the most crucial entrepreneurial phenomena and trends.
- Investments in Hi-Tech startups in Italy
- Innovation contests
- Funded startups’ performance and dynamics
- Survey on Public Investments
- Survey on business models
- A selection of significant startups